IntroductionI came across computing at an evening class at a local community centre and got curious. I was persuaded to take a degree in computing, but I felt I missed out on a lot while studying. There seemed to be so many avenues to explore and I just never had the time to look at them. This series of pages are some of the things I have been looking at now that I have the time. It contains computerish things that might be of interest or use to others.
I have been looking at PHP scripting using one of Larry Ullman's books. I have been offering my tuppence worth on a forum at PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites for the book, but these solutions are too long to include there.
Original scripts, databases and css can be found at http://www.larryullman.com/books/php-and-mysql-for-dynamic-web-sites-visual-quickpro-guide-4th-edition/
Contact me at email@example.com if you need the database tables that I created to get some of these scripts to work or for anything else that you have difficulty with that I have created.
The List of Contents is just a series of links to pages with code fragments or information.
List of Contents
PHP sorting complex arrays _ PHP and MYSQL Edition 2 Larry Ullman Chapter 8
BT Hub as a wireless access point _ How to set up a BT Business Hub as a wireless access point
- PHP and MYSQL Ed4 Larry Ullman Chapter 9, Review and Pursue
- Transfer Cash Script
- PHP and MYSQL Ed4 Larry Ullman Chapter 10, Review and Pursue
- Edit a User Script
- View Bank Customers Script
- Edit Bank Customers Script
- Delete Bank Customers Script
- PHP and MYSQL Ed4 Larry Ullman Chapter 11, Review and Pursue
- Upload a File Script
- Display All Files Script
- Show File Information Using 'glob' : This script shows uses of 'glob and 'finfo' variants.
- PHP and MYSQL Ed4 Larry Ullman Chapter 12, Review and Pursue
- Functions Returning Multiple Values
- Errors Array
- Redirect User
- Choose the Font Colour
- Change to login.php
- PHP and MYSQL Ed4 Larry Ullman Chapter 13, Review and Pursue
- Rework of ch13 calculator.php
- Rework of ch3 car journey calculator.php using filter_var() to validate input
- Rework of ch3 car journey calculator.php using cast to validate input
- Rework of upload_rtf.php showing uploaded file type, name and size
- Rework of register.php from chapter 9 with strip_tags function
- Rework of login_functions.inc.php to validate email address input
- Rework of delete_user.php of chapter 10 to validate input